GitKraken & GDPR
Learn how GitKraken helps customers comply with GDPR.
What is GDPR?General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new set of privacy rules that apply to all businesses that are inside or deal with citizens of the European Union (EU).
Here is the full text of the GDPR.
This content is only for informational purposes and should not be relied on as legal advice. This help page is commentary on the GDPR as Axosoft interprets it as of May 1, 2018. We encourage you to work with a legally qualified professional to ensure your business complies with GDPR.
Things we have always done:
- We don’t sell data to any 3rd parties.
- We consider all customer data to belong to our customer, not us.
- We do not store repository data on our servers. All repository data is either stored on a user’s local machine, or the user’s remote repository management service of choice.
Things you can do today:
- Cancel Account – Users may close their account by logging into https://app.gitkraken.com and then accessing Manage > Edit > Cancel Subscription.
Things we are still working on:
- Delete User Account – We are providing a way to “wipe” all user data completely from our servers.
If your team needs all account data deleted permanently upon cancellation, please email email@example.com with such requests. Please note, deletion of data is irreversible