Deploy the GitKraken Git GUI with Azure DevOps
Join leading organizations using Azure DevOps with GitKraken
Streamline your workflow with Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services or VSTS) and the GitKraken Git GUI. These tips and resources will help you successfully deploy and scale Git across your organization.
More than 20,000 organizations rely on GitKraken
Why do teams use Azure DevOps and the GitKraken Git GUI?
Migrating to Git as your distributed version control system will improve the overall efficiency of your development teams, but initially, developers will face a steep learning curve. Failure to address this challenge often results in increased time to ship your code and decreased code stability. In this white paper, you’ll learn how to tackle this challenge head-on! We’ll share best practices for how tens-of-thousands of teams have successfully deployed Git, Azure DevOps and the GitKraken Git GUI across their organizations.
This white paper covers the following topics:
- Benefits of Git
- Migrating to Git from other source control methods
- Challenges developers face adopting Git
- Training and educational resources for learning Git
- Best practices for large scale deployments of Git, Azure DevOps and the GitKraken Git GUI
- How to deploy the GitKraken Git GUI with Azure DevOps to enhance your workflow
- Maintaining security standards with Stand-Alone & Self-Hosted
- Best practices for deploying Stand-Alone & Self-Hosted
How to use Azure DevOps with the GitKraken Git GUI
If your team is using Azure DevOps to host your repositories, the GitKraken Git GUI can help streamline your workflow and make working with Git much more intuitive! Distribute this tutorial video to your team, and you’ll have everyone up and running with Git, Azure DevOps and the GitKraken Git GUI in half an hour.
This video covers the following topics:
- Set up Azure DevOps integration
- Setup SSH
- What is a remote repository
- Open repo and overview of the graph
- Clone a repo
- Make a change, stage, commit example
- Pulling a change from Azure DevOps remote
- Reset a branch to a commit
- Discard a file or change
- Creating a feature branch and pull request example
- Adding a remote